behind the scenes
Join our Team
Jobs at WDVX
Cumberland Communities Communications Corporation (WDVX) Job Opening
June 13, 2013
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
WDVX Radio, East Tennessee’s Own listener-supported community radio station known for Americana, Bluegrass, Blues, and a variety of other programming including live radio shows such as the daily Blue Plate Special in Knoxville, TN, has an opening for an Administrative Assistant.
Reports to: WDVX General Manager
The Administrative Assistant produces the daily schedule of underwriting and promotional announcements, performs clerical functions including invoicing and payroll processing, and keeps the office organized. The Assistant is also expected to work station events and oversee merchandise sales. This is a fulltime job.
- Manage office communication across all departments and some external communication.
- Fund raising support including but not limited to data entry, thank you gift fulfillment, and issuing tax receipts
- Produce daily on air schedule, enter client and promotion orders, and produce client invoices
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Compile data for grant reporting
- Coordinate for payment employee timesheets, payables, online orders and pledges, and prepare bank deposits
- Manage volunteer data base
- Fulfill call in/walk in merchandise and ticket orders
- Oversee ordering of fund drive thank you gifts and station merchandise
- Support planning and execution of station marketing and outreach efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Physically active; able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds and occasionally work long hours at events
Qualifications: Radio, TV, or similar background required. Experience with broadcast traffic and logging software preferred. Top candidate is an outgoing, organized, problem solver with good computer skills who enjoys working with the public. FT. $10/HR plus benefits.
To apply for this position by 6/25/13 send your resume with the subject line:
WDVX ADMIN ASST to email@example.com OR
Attention: General Manager
P.O. Box 27568
Knoxville, TN 37927
WDVX is an EOE.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management
Be sure to check out WDVX Internships (below), which may help you gain valuable knowledge and experience. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
Cumberland Communities Communications Corporation dba WDVX is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Blue Plate Special Production Assistant/Intern (unpaid internship)
WDVX offers internships to provide an opportunity to learn about community radio and, in particular, how a live radio performance is produced. Internships last a minimum of one semester with the expectation of 10-20 hours per week of student time. All internships are unpaid.
- Assist WDVX Blue Plate Special producer with all aspects of running a daily live broadcast, including setting up and tearing down the stage.
- Assist host of show.
- Assist with sound engineering/live audio.
- Artist hospitality.
- Assist in recording and archiving of show.
- Should be comfortable around audio equipment, musical instruments and artists; experience in live sound recommended but not necessary.
- Must be available between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday and occasional Saturdays.
- Good understanding of WDVX and its role in the community; should have an interest in music and the music industry.
Submit resume to:
WDVX Blue Plate Special Producer
Or mail to:
WDVX Blue Plate Special Internship
Attention: Daniel Kimbro
P.O. Box 27568
Knoxville, TN 37927